What is the Course About?
Injuries are the leading cause of death and disability for young children. Young children are at higher risk of injuries overall, and certain injuries are more probable at different ages. Most children are more likely to be injured when they are not under appropriate adult supervision. This course is therefore designed to provide you with an overview of understanding the majority of childhood injuries, and prevention steps.
This course is available in English and Arabic.
- Understanding injuries in Child Care Settings.
- Common injuries in developmental stages.
- Safety policies and checklist for indoor and outdoor environment.
- Safety during transport of children and pedestrian safety.
- Child abuse.
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
- Burns and fire.
- Airway obstruction.
- Oral and dental injury.
- Shaken baby syndrome.
- Emergency procedures.
- Toy safety.
- Preventing back injuries in Child Care Settings.
- Instruction by an expert facilitator.
- Course materials.
- Educare Certificate of Completion.