What is the Course About?
The purpose of this course is to equip teachers and other caretakers with the necessary insights and knowledge to better understand the strong bond that underpin attachment in early years, not only from an emotional but also from a psychological perspective. It covers the theory of attachment and also looks at how this impacts the child’s life in later years. There are not formal entry requirements, although the course is aimed at individuals who look after children on a daily basis, especially in an educational setting. A good command of the English language is required.
After attending this series of classes, attendees will have an understanding of basic concepts in the following areas:
- Attachment theory.
- Attachment classification.
- Influences on attachment.
- Stability of attachment in later childhood.
- The British Psychological society code.
- Instruction by an expert facilitator.
- Course materials.
- Educare Certificate of Completion.