What is the Course About?
The purpose of this course is to equip assistant teachers and other learner assistants with the necessary insights and knowledge to better understand the theory of what underpins early years education, so as to be able to assist teachers properly. There are not formal entry requirements , although the course aimed at individuals who look after children on a daily basis, especially in an early years educational setting. This course is presented in English or Arabic.
After attending this series of classes, attendees will have an understanding of concepts in the following areas:
- Teacher assistant personal qualities versus skills and qualifications.
- Teacher assistant role towards: main teacher, students’ environment and management.
- Main characteristics of children in early years.
- Main fields of child development in early years.
- Handling children from reception to handover to parents.
- Teacher assistant role model in class during lessons.
- Children observation during breaks and free play.
- Health and safety measures in early years settings.
- Reports and documentation.
- Ethics and formal regulations in early years.
- Personal career growth.
- Instruction by an expert facilitator.
- Course materials.
- Educare Certificate of Completion.