The purpose of this course is to equip teachers, teaching assistants, and learning support workers with not only the necessary knowledge that is needed to provide the proper skills and techniques to deliver the EYFS curriculum, but also with a detailed and thorough understanding of the course’s regulatory requirements.
This training therefore empowers teachers to ensure that they have the necessary knowledge to ensure that effective planning and on-going assessment for children are in place.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
There are not formal requirements. A good command of the English language is required.
- Understand the Prime and Specific Learning Areas within the EYFS.
• Be able to plan holistic activities.
• Understand the policies and procedures for health and safety.
• Understand legislation regarding safeguarding.
• Understand inclusivity and equality.
• Be able to use Development matters as a reference.
• Understand the play environment.
• Understand how to support children in child-initiated play.
• Be able to provide enabling play environments by choosing toys for learning stations.
• Understand the observation and assessment cycle.
• Understand the different observations methods.
Number of hours: 12
Date: every month